Saturday, March 16, 2013

Spring Greens!!!

The root contribution in our CSA box. Fire Cider Vinegar and Sea Sprinkles from Tallwoman Tonics.

Hello again! I am excited because today I was able to pick up a special CSA box of spring greens. There will be a feast tonight!
There are a lot of hidden and not-so-hidden gems on this part of the coast. My mate and I have enjoyed the community and the variety of skills that people bring to this area. I believe this is the key to surviving and thriving on the coast.
I had the pleasure recently of attending a local Herbal Skills Share group. I have long had an interest in herbs, wildcrafting, and natural dyeing. I had a strong feeling that I needed to get back to that practice and immediately found the Herbal Skills Share group. We spent the meeting talking about coltsfoot and enjoyed a cup of nettle tea and a sampling of coltsfoot tea. I have a new plant to add to my knowledge-base now, and a couple of new people.
Yesterday I had the pleasure of visiting with Vivi of Tallwoman Tonics. Our local herbalist. We discussed the wonderful internet potential of sharing herbal lore and I was treated to a cup of homegrown Tulsi tea while sitting in front of a large window overlooking one of the beautifully stunning views our area has to offer.
I am putting a link to Vivi's blog on the local resources list on my side-bar. She is excited about the blogging potential. I am looking forward to seeing what she adds to it.
Tonight we will be having left over homemade pizza, vegan and gluten free, a huge salad of fresh spring greens, and a quick saute of kale and beet greens with red onion and seasoned with Tallwoman Tonics Fire Cider Vinegar. Yum!!!
Yours in veggies, -Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment